Oncocytology is a peer-reviewed, open access, English language, online journal which accepts for publication, original, unpublished manuscripts in all areas of oncocytology.
The objective of Oncocytology is to provide a centralized forum for the dissemination and exchange of latest information about cancer cell biology. Oncocytology accepts for publication articles of experimental research and clinical studies focusing on etiology, differentiation, prevention, progression, early detection, diagnosis and treatment of cancers; the structure and function of cancer cells, tissues, and organs; as well as genetics and cytogenetics, new laboratory technologies, imaging, immunology, oncogenes, pathology, clinical-pathologic correlations, prevention and screening.
The articles submitted to Oncocytology are published under one of the five sections. These five sections cover all fields of experimental and clinical oncocytology research. Oncocytology publishes original, unpublished articles under the following sections:
Click here to read more about the five sections of Oncocytology
Oncocytology accepts following types of articles:
- Review Article - An article discussing a single topic in detail.
- Original Article - An article reporting results of clinical, pre-clinical and experimental research including randomized controlled trials, interventional studied, case-control studies, outcome studies, studies of screening and diagnostic test and cost effectiveness analysis.
- Short Report - Report of work on significant novel developments or important preliminary observations.
- Rapid Communication - Articles reporting results of a pilot study or preliminary findings of a study
- Case Series - Report of a series of two to six similar cases
- Case Report - Report of a single case
- Clinical Images - Distinct images from clinical medicine, radiology or pathology, with a short discussion of the case (shorter than a case report)
- Letter to Editors - Brief report of a case, results of a pilot study or comments on articles published in the journal.
Oncocytology also publishes announcements giving information about conferences, meetings, seminars, symposia, courses, and other items.
Authors are welcome to submit review articles on topics of current interest and review articles which discuss a single topic in detail. If you have a topic on which you would like to write a review article or need ideas about topics on which we would like to publish review articles, please contact the Managing Editor through the "Contact Us" page accessible from the top menu or left column.
Editorial and Peer Review:
The process of editorial review and peer review followed by Oncocytology conforms to international standards of peer reviewed scientific journals. All manuscripts submitted to Oncocytology undergo review by a member of the editorial board followed by a double-blind external peer review. Double-blind peer review, in which, neither the authors nor the reviewers know the identity of each other, allows a fair and unbiased assessment of the manuscript. Our review process is fast and "submission to first decision" takes no more than six weeks, compared to months taken by other journals.
As in traditional journals, the articles published in Oncocytology are fully citable. Each article receives a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) which is unique for every article published in the journal and is used for easier referencing and archiving.